Stride is an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (developers, product, UX) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% bootstrapped and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
About the role
As a Stride Account Manager, you will form and maintain ongoing, meaningful relationships with C-Suite execs, decision-makers and key stakeholders at our key clients. You will continuously create new business opportunities for Stride inside our existing engagements by thinking up, creating and proposing ways to extend, grow and improve our footprint at each client. You’ll understand our clients’ needs and work with both the client and the Stride team to propose solutions and win business. You will know our clients personally, spend time with them, take them out to lunch, dinner.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Owning the relationship for several of Stride’s key accounts
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with C-level execs, decision-makers and key project stakeholders inside our accounts
- Pitching decision-makers of existing clients on new projects Stride can implement on their teams to achieve their goals, and then writing proposals and winning deals.
- Brainstorming and proposing creative and value-add ways in which Stride can increase our footprint inside existing accounts
- Being a trusted resource and advisor for Stride clients. Continuously working to ensure they are happy with our service, being there to listen to their needs and suggesting ideas that are valuable to their business.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have 5-10 years of experience selling technical consulting services to companies both large and small
- Have a goal oriented mindset and a track record of successfully closing business inside existing accounts
- Possess knowledge of Agile and can advocate for engineering best practices
- Have experience forming and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, C-suite execs and decision-makers and acting as a trusted advisor for these decision-makers.
- Have a proven ability to understand the views of clients and internal teams, and know exactly how to express perspectives, concerns and requirements to the other side.
- Are highly adept at handling difficult conversations and take a collaborative, high integrity approach to sales.
- Pride yourself on your listening skills and have high emotional intelligence
- Plan efficiently, focus on key priorities and don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- Are able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Are someone that others want to confide in and talk to.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, can craft winning proposals, write persuasive emails, and have engaging in-person discussions.