Deliver incredible experiences to Stripe users.
As a member of the Support team at Stripe, you'll work with Stripe’s users from fledgling start-ups to Fortune 500s, including companies like Lyft, TED, WolframAlpha, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. You'll work with a highly collaborative and mutually supportive team to help people building their business with Stripe make the best use of what we have to offer, then use those interactions to influence what we build next.
Stripe is live in 19 countries with over 100 supported currencies and rapidly expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. User Operations team members are spread around the globe in the UK, the continental US, Germany, Ireland, France and Australia. While helping our users, our team works closely with every part of Stripe, learning the intricacies of how we build products, manage risk, launch new countries, and keep users happy.
User Operations at Stripe interacts with people from a multitude of backgrounds, and our team has grown to match that diversity. People on the team have previously provided support at MIT and Ringling Bros., run an indie bookstore chain, created a sustainable seafood business, trained as a professional chef, and so on. We’re a close group that’s passionate about helping people, improving products, and animated GIFs.
If you’re a strong writer, a fast researcher, constantly curious, and can’t stand users having anything less than a stellar experience, we want to hear from you!
- Spend the majority of your time interacting with users by email, and occasionally by phone.
- Optimize our internal and external documentation and processes surrounding a host of products.
- Work closely with other teams to improve our product offerings and messaging around new products.
- Spend some time analyzing our processes and instigating changes to help scale our operations.
- Gain unique insights into how thousands of businesses on Stripe scale and operate.
- Have an opportunity to learn how Stripe operates from the ground up and make a real impact on the future of the organization.
We’re looking for people who:
- Enjoy writing, and do so quickly and clearly (you need to be fluent and highly proficient in English).
- Enjoy talking about technical concepts, have great analytical skills, and would be comfortable explaining how Stripe works to a range of audiences.
- Can empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems.
- Love constantly learning about a changing technical product, even when it's a little out of your depth.
- Are happy to take on new projects, which can sometimes involve quickly researching to become a subject matter expert while seeing things through to completion.
- Are able to work at least one weekend day per week (you'll be able to take a week day off in lieu).
You should include these in your application:
- Your background and accomplishments.
- Why you want to work in this role.
- Languages you'd be comfortable communicating in beyond English, if any.
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?