The Automation Engineering Manager is a critical member of eero’s team responsible for the automation infrastructure used for the design, ongoing interoperability testing and manufacture of eero hardware products. You will manage a team of eero’s hardware and software engineers who are responsible for the development and maintenance of automation equipment to support eero’s new product development and production processes. Your role starts from early concept prototype builds and continues through sustaining production and product returns processing.
eero is looking for a leader capable of managing a team, providing thought leadership to eero’s hardware and firmware engineering, and continuing to develop eero’s best in class systems. You are a “doing manager” who is able to give technical leadership to define the test software development process, design innovative automation hardware, and influence the architecture of eero’s core hardware products. This role includes traveling to Asia based automation equipment development partners and high volume manufacturing partners up to 20% of the time.
What you’ll do:
- Be a respected thought leader and manage a high performing engineering team
- Automate a wide variety of processes, using techniques such as virtual test environments, automated optical inspection, radio validation, electrical testing, interoperability assessment, and robotics automation
- Architect equipment control software, reporting databases, and physical testing equipment to work together as a streamlined automated test system
- Coach and develop a high performing team of engineers to over achieve expectations
- Implement effective code development sprints and peer code review processes
- Select and manage automation equipment development partners to design and build custom fixtures and automated validation and production equipment
- Influence product design to manufacture high quality products at the lowest reasonable cost
- Introduce new products on schedule by coordinating with Design Engineering, Product Management and Program Management
- Communicate architecture strategies and project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within eero and manufacturing partners
- Suggest corrective action for sub-par procedures and product deficiencies
- Recruit engineers to the team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10 plus years of process automation, test development, or robotics experience
- An engineering background with good knowledge of automation; experience with RF products is a plus
- Experience developing full-stack software systems, including databases, business logic, and graphical UI
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering; Masters is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and technical communication in English; Mandarin is a plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.