TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable company.
We’re looking for a Bilingual (Spanish and English) Customer Support Specialist to join our Needham team!
- Deal directly with members and business owners via email, phone, and chat
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints within a 1-2 business day turnaround
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Keep accurate records of customer inquiries, interactions, and details of actions taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Track and report on appropriate metrics
- Troubleshoot technical problems and escalate bug reports to management
- Highly Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish required
- Passion for solving Customer Issues
- Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to established protocols
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent editorial judgment and command of the English & Spanish language
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management systems
- CRM/Customer Support Tools (Zendesk, Salesforce.com, RightNow, NetSuite, etc.)
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to type 50-60 words a minute.
- Personal experience with the TripAdvisor site, including the submission of reviews and participation in Forums
- Hands-on experience with user-generated content (either personally or professionally)
- University degree (communications or hospitality fields a plus!)
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant