Sr. Director of Sales Strategy & Enablement
Meaningful customer partnerships are not just something we talk about at Rapid7 it’s a core value in everything we do. From product development to sales, marketing and support, providing our customers with better outcomes in protecting and securing their organizations is our mission.
The Sr. Director of Sales Strategy and Operations is a key member of the Customer Success & Sales Strategy team, instrumental in helping us develop and deliver on our growth plans. A proven leader responsible for driving sales productivity and growth while helping deliver an extraordinary customer and channel partner experience through sales methodology, planning and enablement. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
This is a highly visible and senior leadership role which includes the setting of goals and objectives, people management and development and driving growth through change, across our global organization.
Core responsibilities include:
Sales Methodology (Plan)
- Work with sales, product and operations leaders to develop a customer experience focused sales methodology that drives improvements in customer satisfaction, reduced churn, increased revenue and predictability, and greater employee satisfaction.
- Work with sales leadership to develop territory plan approaches for high volume inside sales teams to capture market opportunity.
- Establish and lead the implementation of short- and long-term customer acquisition, adoption and retention strategies to deliver sales related goals and programs.
- Collaborate across functional teams to ensure that methodology and strategy efforts support objectives but also incorporate clarity and simplicity to optimize execution.
- Work with cross-functional teams (IT, Business Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance) to incorporate the Customer Experience lifecycle into all processes such that dependencies are identified and friction is reduced for customers and sellers.
- Provide significant expertise and acumen regarding sales planning, pipeline management, and productivity.
- Identify and optimize efficiency in go-to-market model to improve execution and reduce friction.
- Work with business analysts to implement territory planning that optimizes the sales methodology.
- Work with Information Technology and Business Operations to unify processes and systems that drive the delivery of sales enablement tools including the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Learning Management (LMS) systems.
Sales Enablement (Develop)
- Craft a development a framework that aligns to the Rapid7 Sales Methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity and customer engagement.
- Build and manage a team to deliver, program manage and execute the global sales enablement plan.
- Ensure that the program incorporates product, solutions, operations and sales contributions coupled with simple and practical adoption techniques to increase productivity.
- Continuously improve the program with creative learning opportunities for new and existing sales professionals.
- Lead cross-functional efforts in support of product and solution offerings to ensure readiness.
- Significant experience working with software sales teams to build strategy, management, execution based programs
- Keen understanding of sales process design and related outcomes
- Experience in sales training and developing sales leadership
- Experience optimizing leading sales tools, including Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to create impact
- Project or program management experience a plus
- SaaS based software solution experience is a plus
- Master’s degree in business is a plus