Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join a world-class information security team. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will be part of a highly capable team, where this member will collect, research, coordinate, and deliver intelligence gathered from various sources. The candidate is intimately familiar with standard intelligence community practices and has experience in the application of these disciplines to technology and information security. This is a position for a self-motivated and mission oriented candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, collect, distill, and disseminate tactical, strategic and operational intelligence to key stakeholders.
- Provides technical support, analysis and recommendations in the areas of: attack trends, incident handling, vulnerability reporting, and network defense.
- Coordinates with Management and decision makers to deliver timely and actionable hands on intelligence delivered in a clear, concise manner.
- Work with various intelligence sources, both technical and human, to maintain an agile and cutting edge security posture for current threats.
- Alert decision makers to emerging threats in a timely manner.
- Proactively initiate threat intelligence analysis in accordance with established Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR).
- Leverage and expand the capabilities of existing analytical tools and technologies; recommend new technologies as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain expertise in a wide variety of technology platforms, threat vectors, and threat actors.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in threat intelligence, incident response, malware analysis or similar role.
- Experience in a global “FORTUNE” level corporation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, including actors, TTPs, targets, etc.
- Broad, basic understanding of information technology, including networking, operating systems and web application development.
- Experience with Threat Intelligence Platforms and analyst software tools.
- Experience performing technical research.
- Ability to collect, analyze, document, and disseminate OSINT information using various means of collection methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of the intelligence life cycle, network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs). Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Intrusion analysis, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, Malware Analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line, scripting and programming experience.
- Familiarity or experience in Cyber Kill Chain methodology, Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis and Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Intelligence studies or equivalent degree preferred.
- Certifications such as GIAC GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GREM
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, to triage and to work within a small, highly-technical group while providing explanations to non-technical people.
- Practical experience as an intelligence analyst or within a dedicated intelligence environment.
- Experience writing Yara rules or IOCs.
- Foreign language translation experience a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.