App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I lead a team to build the next generation of Web infrastructure for App Annie Web site. It targets to speed up the development efficiency and quality dramatically.
(Ex. "I help app professionals understand what’s happening in the app stores, and how to optimise their products meta-data (ASO) to get discovered and downloaded as much as possible.”)
How will you be doing this?
- Architect and implement the framework for App Annie’s web application development. The framework is expected to abstract the common pattern of App Annie’s business, define the only proper method for feature implementation and take care of all the general tasks, for example: caching, permission, anti-scraping, etc.
- Cooperate with the feature teams and train the teams to adopt the framework.
- Maintain a process to collect feedback and implement rapid improvement for the framework.
- Create and maintain reusable web components.
- Initiate and manage complex refactoring, leveraging other product teams
- Team management, planning, resource allocation
- Technology watch (Ex. Saying ‘no’ a lot, to make your ‘yes’ stronger. 500,000+ users, 400+ colleagues means you’ll never be short of ideas - have to decide on the right ones, and get them done fast.)
To include at the end of this section: Becoming better at what you do every day.
What will you bring to the team?
- 12+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience working on Web architecture. At least architected one business oriented framework.
- Technical management experience required
- Rich experience in Front end technology, especially around Single Page Application.
- Good understanding in caching system
- Good communication skills with fluent oral English
- A previous experience in an international environment is a plus
- Self driven and make-it-happen personality
- (Ex. You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you’ve got a degree(s) in Computer Science, Business Administration, Econometrics, HCI/UX Design).)
To include at the end of this section: Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen. Boom!
To include at the end of this section: You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
"I am proud to be part of the team to build the solid web foundation for the company’s great goal: Empower the peoples who change the world by mobile applications."
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone, Fitbit, and Mac laptop.
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Working a little later? We’ll cover your dinner and ride home.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 700,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at www.appannie.com.
App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole.
Yes, I want this job!