WeWork combines flexible serviced office space with a sense of community where you join as an individual, 'me', but become part of a greater 'we'. The ethos of the company is where success is measured by personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line. The company is undergoing rapid global expansion and the UK organization has identified the need for an experienced professional to take responsibility for deal sourcing and completion. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Role Overview & Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Deal Lead to ensure market goals are fulfilled on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support excellent site selection by leveraging local relationships and market analytics (demographic and transportation studies, comparables, competitor landscape, etc.)
- Maintain pro-forma and deal terms throughout deal negotiation
- Participate in deal negotiation; ensure advantageous deal terms
- Work with Senior Deal Lead to develop market strategy within given territory for new, young and mature markets
- Ensure excellent site selection for WeWork locations
- Maintain deep understanding of local markets, office vacancy, appropriate deal terms by leveraging comparables and market analytics
- Understand local competition, both co-working competitors and overall office market
- Effectively pitch landlords and potential partners
- Own pro-forma at all points during the deal process
- Maintain deal terms throughout negotiations using internal systems and following process
- Ensure that deal process is adhered, deal pipeline is full, and deal progress is timely
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree level required, preferably within a Real Estate Program
- Extensive London and Europe market knowledge and external knowledge
- Ability to draft, review and negotiate detailed Head of Terms with occupier focus
- Excellent knowledge of the 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act
- Teamwork, cooperation, and ability to develop others
- Relationship- and partnership-building with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong understanding of real estate development industry
- Strong capabilities with financial modeling
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability or clear potential to close deals
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, plus benefits package
- Casual dress code & employee development opportunities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Opening date for applications: 23 October 2016
Closing date for applicants: 22 November 2016