Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startup, and has enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, and Storm Ventures, and supported by the successes of our 1,200+ customers from DoorDash, Box, Peet’s, Dropbox, Betterment to Shopify, Talkdesk is disrupting a $22 billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you are ready to be our Head of Platform and would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, then come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
As the Head of Platform at Talkdesk, you will use your mix of technical and strategic expertise to own the vision, design, and delivery of a next generation real-time communications platform, with a focus on driving value through extensibility.
- Collaborate with our executive and leadership team to solidify our positioning as a leader in the cloud-based communications space
- Lead the vision and design of our extensible, next-generation, SaaS contact center platform
- Evangelize the platform and its capabilities both internally and externally
- Work across teams and identify areas of platform expertise and oversight, to ensure new products and features are contributing to the overall platform strategy
- Recruit, train and develop a team of world-class product managers
- Oversee the strategy and planning for the entire platform product lifecycle including gathering and prioritizing requirements and defining the vision
- Translate business objectives into an execution strategy and successfully execute on the strategy
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop technical requirements and to define, build and maintain products critical to growth, engagement and retention
- Work with customers, partners, and all customer-facing organizations to plan and prioritize features and feature requests
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape and evaluate market trends to inform platform development better
- Partner with Product and Partner Marketing to develop comprehensive go-to-market strategies for impactful product launches
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, HCI or related field required from a top 20 university
- Experience building highly scalable enterprise platforms with 24/7 operations of infrastructure systems
- 7+ years of leadership/management experience in an agile development environment
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant technologies and tools including APIs, SDKs, cloud solutions, and programming languages
- Technical proficiency working with relevant platform technologies and developer tools including RESTful APIs, cURL, and scripting languages is a plus