To drive a healthy business and culture within a Labs office.
Pivotal Labs has seen tremendous success with its focus on enablement and company-wide transformation projects. As Labs evolves and grows, we're looking for leadership to guide and manage an office and support a surrounding region.
The Office Director role will incorporate leading Agile, Lean, and User Centered Design methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development. He/She will be critical to expanding and supporting the team of amazing Pivots at Pivotal Labs, and help shape our thought leadership in the product development space. This is a full time role.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Work collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define and reach targets such as revenue and utilization
- Partner with Sales and R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption and product bookings
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting and support appropriate growth
- Manage a local leadership team consisting of associate directors and managers
- Support a team of client liaisons (CL) for engagements you are responsible for:
- Scale agile to work in parallel across many clients and many teams
- Set-up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Set and manage client expectations
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality and best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage and communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, and Pivots for all teams
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Manage office leadership team and coach reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Work effectively with the sales organization and ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads and supporting Sales organization in closing business
- Advise all salespeople on how and when to sell product development services
- Create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent and supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings and a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers and provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out and represent Pivotal to relevant communities, and lead the conversation around our ideas and practices via blog posts, meetups, and conferences.
- 3+ years prior experience running a business and working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- Preferred experience working in a similar role with a consultancy or organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience a plus
We'll know an Office Director is successful when:
- the office leadership is effectively empowered
- Pivotal leadership has a clear understanding of the office’s health
- projects are well scoped and appropriately staffed
- the office is meeting its utilization and profitability goals
- they successfully balance short- and long-term decision factors
- they successfully balance local, regional and organizational decision factors
- Pivots are exhibiting professional growth
- techniques for integrating best practices into agile teams are evolving and spreading
- retention is in a healthy place, as advised by the HR office and company-wide norms
- people feel excited about and proud of Pivotal Labs' practices