In this role, you will respond to a high volume of incoming Service Requests and Incidents related to OnDeck’s production applications. You will be relied upon to manage the entire lifecycle of these tickets – from validating initial intake performed by our NOC, through request fulfillment/incident resolution, stakeholder communication, Problem reporting, and knowledge sharing. In doing so, you will interact with virtually every area of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
This role has high visibility to upper management and the rest of the company, as you will be relied upon to act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources for Major Incidents, if not responsible for resolving the incident itself. This positions you well for many different career opportunities within OnDeck.
You will have the opportunity to learn ITIL best practices hands-on and participate in Continual Service Improvement as we continue to align our processes with ITIL standards. At the end of the day, you will be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with virtually every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to OnDeck’s production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfillment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to a high volume of tickets in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform in-depth research to discover the root cause of Problems occurring in production.
- Schedule and manage dozens of batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Have a variety of ways to contribute instead of doing the same thing over and over again. For example, some days you might focus entirely on responding to tickets, on other days you might identify and solve problems at a higher level through process optimization or tools creation, still others you may focus on creating reports and gathering metrics to support a business decision.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Qualifications for success:
- Strong sense of ownership. It is important that you follow through with an issue until the reporting user is satisfied.
- Enthusiasm for helping others in a Service Desk or similar troubleshooting environment. The service you provide our users should give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Top-notch listening and communication skills. As one example, it is critical to be able to quickly translate known facts about Major Incidents into communication that is easily consumed by business stakeholders. As another example, it is fundamentally important to be able to read a ticket, work with the end user to understand the issue, and successfully translate that information into the ticket such that anyone reading it for the first time fully understands the issue.
- Structured approach to problem solving. Many of the issues we face are unique, and it is your job to figure them out.
- Basic proficiency with navigating a Linux filesystem (e.g. editing files, searching through logs, etc.).
- Facility with reading and writing SQL statements of basic to medium complexity.
- (Preferred) ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment. This team is mainly focused on the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- (Preferred) Experience scheduling and managing batch jobs.
- (Preferred) Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**