Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying differential equation, probability or basic algebra, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the Khan Academy content team. You will be integral to the content creation process in math, identifying what content needs to be created, sketching curricula out, and ensuring coherence and quality to everything Khan Academy India produces. Please note this will start as a contract position to begin, with the potential for permanent hire.
- Mapping existing Khan Academy math content to the NCERT grades 1-12
- Develop a list of high-priority content gaps (videos, exercises and articles) for your subject, based on textbooks, curriculums, common search terms, and discussions with educators and students
- Assemble a library of excellent instructional and practice resources by creating new content on your own and/or with partners and finding and vetting content made by others
- Ensure content is high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Cultivate a strong community of learners by responding to students’ questions and engaging with learners on the Khan Academy platform, through social media, etc.
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in your subject area
- Experience with content creation tools for creating videos and other media
- Experience teaching your subject area, formally or informally
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re comfortable finding implementable solutions and moving quickly in a fast-paced process
- Being multilingual is a plus