Why This Position is Awesome:
The Staff Accountant – Cash Applications will work closely with the billing, collections and product revenue accounting teams and report directly into Director of Revenue Operations, TripAdvisor. The person will be primarily responsible for leading the cash application, reconciliation, and compliance role for the Corporate Revenue Operations group.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for doing daily cash entries and coordination of the month end close process and account reconciliations of various cash accounts. The Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to engage in meaningful accounting projects, be involved in compliance work, support the launch of new products and services, enact process improvement change, and automate procedures whenever possible.
What You'll Do:
- Apply paper checks, wires, ACH payments, lockbox payments from the feed for US, UK and Singapore cash accounts.
- Book bank fees, short pays, fx variances, foreign tax withholdings, customer refunds.
- Train and manage support team for certain cash apps.
- Reconcile about 30 cash accounts and a deferred revenue account to G/L.
- Sweep cash transfers for TripAdvisor sister companies/ USD bank account.
- Book on occasion cash transactions for acquisitions, including tax entries, any non-AP cash transactions.
- Book all cash activities in reals that hit their bank account, book AP and AR activity, make GL accruals.
- Journal entries for POS allocations (based on info provided).
- Answer all audit requests from internal and external audit, related to cash.
- Allocate properly cash at month end from respective clearing accounts.
- Help to set up cash apps, test, transition activities from WD and Zuora.
What We Seek:
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at TripAdvisor.