GoFundMe is on a mission to empower people to help people. The company is expanding the Accounting team to keep pace with our tremendous growth. And thus we are search for a Staff Accountant to join our small Accounting team.
- General Ledger - Assist with month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, and month-end account reconciliation, including bank and credit card accounts and ensure proper month end cut-off
- Accounts Payable - Process weekly vendor invoices and employee expense reports for payment and review for proper classification
- Audit and statutory support - Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit; prepare supporting schedules for tax returns, and prepare excise and property tax filings
- Reporting and account analysis- Assist with balance sheet and P&L flux analyses and research discrepancies; and assist in the preparation of month end financial package
- Accounting Projects - Assist with the research and coordination of accounting projects and initiatives
- Other duties and activities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years corporate accounting experience, preferably at publicly traded company
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Experience with an ERP system and experience with NetSuite a plus
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions
- CPA is nice to have
- A bonus if you have strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and SOX compliance
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives everyday
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
- We're happy to pay for exceptional people, offer full benefits, issue bonuses, and stock options
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day, friends, family and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $3 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best management teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from Linkedin, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and several others.