What we're looking for: Blue Apron is hiring an experienced Materials Buyer to join our rapidly-growing operations team. As the newest member of the team, you'll be responsible for overseeing the packaging supply chain to service our national fulfillment centers. You will be charged with transforming Blue Apron’s procurement operations, working hand-in-hand with other members of our operations team and fulfillment centers. You will create reporting capabilities to analyze our packaging inventory levels and develop inventory strategies. We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who obsesses over delivering measurable results and thrives in detail, organization, and analysis.
About the role:
- Develop and maintain a packaging inventory model to retain desired stock levels across Blue Apron’s fulfillment centers
- Analyze material forecasts, determine needs and place purchase orders
- Create reporting capabilities focused on our key performance indicators such as cost and inventory measurements (inventory turns/age/DOH/working capital)
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems that arise in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth environment
- 3-4 years of experience in a procurement, buying, planning, supply chain, or other strategic operations role
- Data-driven. Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Supply/material planning experience
- Strong understanding of inventory management and inventory principles
- Track record of analyzing data to make sound business decisions and produce material business wins
- Solutions-oriented; you always find a way
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Blue Apron.