What we're looking for: Blue Apron is hiring an experienced VBA Expert to join our rapidly-growing operations team. As the newest member of the team, you'll be responsible for designing and building highly-sophisticated Excel tools, which serve as the leading edge of our software development cycle. Our first few tools have been successful in helping to bring structure and efficiency to our daily processes within our logistics and packaging team, and the scope of the tools we are looking to develop continues to expand. As a technical expert, you will be on the forefront of tool development and will help us streamline operations, manage costs, and improve productivity.
In your cover letter, please include an example of a tool you’ve built in Excel. The description should include a description of need, design, and core functionality.
About the role:
- Learn and work across a wide span of operational challenges including, but not limited to: outbound logistics, network optimization, production/capacity planning, packaging optimization, inventory control, warehouse management, etc.
- Create and deploy extensible VBA modules to improve a number of existing tools that currently drive day-to-day business processes across our logistics and packaging team
- Support analyses to help the logistics and packaging team identify opportunities for cost savings and prioritize strategic initiatives
- Collaborate across departments to build software tools that will enable better communication and processes
- Help build a dispersed knowledge base throughout the logistics and packaging team and support the rollout of technology-enabled initiatives throughout the broader operations organization
- 3-5 years of work experience as an analyst or VBA specialist
- Expert Excel skills and experience designing complex tools in Excel (VBA, macros, data manipulation, logic, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of software design or experience with other computer languages is a plus
- Interest in food and ecommerce
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Blue Apron.