For our Marketing Tech team we are looking for a Senior Front-end Software Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
Who we are
With millions of regular users and more than 9000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. We're on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages. Our diverse team is at the forefront of the user journey, supporting the marketing department to promote our product. Using innovative marketing technologies, iterative development methods, and empirical data, we work to continuously optimise our product and processes.
How we work
Our team is organized in full-stack features teams. That means that our teams do everything from concept, UX/UI to analytics and DB, and of course web development. We create our product in an agile manner, and have dynamic and a fast growing team. We are continuously trying to identify problems and optimizing our agile engineering and management practices.
Whom we looking for
You are a passionate Front-end developer with deep technological know how that loves to develop great products. You have an eye for details, and think that quality is a must. You enjoy working in a fast moving and diverse company. You strive to make your environment one where everyone shares the goal of delivering outstanding product increments to our customers, as quickly as possible.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Work in a cross-functional, agile (SCRUM) team closely together with designers and product owners to deliver sleek and intelligent solutions for the product-marketing channels.
- Deliver high quality apps, from design to production in a short sprint cycle, iterating on new features.
- Help to multiply knowledge and educate teams about frontend practices
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality and a stunning user experience.
- Work closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend, mobile, devops) to ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions/architecture and have strong focus on long-term stability and maintainability of our code base.
- 3+ years experience building frontend applications
- Experience with implementing user interfaces that work across device capabilities and screen sizes
- Strong skills with Test Driven Development. (Optional: Behaviour Driven Development).
- Experience with product development from concept to maintenance, in an agile environment
- Experience with design and consumption of REST-based APIs
- Passion about Web Standards
- Experience with optimizing frontend performance
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contributions
- Great skills in engaging and uplifting team members to grow their professionality
- Fluent in English
- OPTIONAL: Eye for design and usability details
- OPTIONAL: Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Deliver an exciting product that changes the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags, peer-learning sessions
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons, onsite language courses etc.)
Check out our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression of how we work at Babbel!