SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, and we’re looking to transform the way people make decisions. We're a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experiences on the planet, period. We believe everyone deserves easy access to the information and insights they need to make better, more informed decisions.
We're also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 16 years, we refuse to grow up. We stay curious. We believe in good ol’ roll-up-your-sleeves scrappiness. Everyone plays an impactful role, because we’re here to make a difference. And when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect 3 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
SurveyMonkey Seattle is a small and nimble Product and Engineering team located in downtown Seattle. Our team leverages SurveyMonkey’s core survey platform to power SurveyMonkey Audience. SurveyMonkey Audience allows small businesses to quickly and affordably get feedback from real customers. Our platform finds and matches survey takers to potential surveys based on demographic search criteria in real time. Anyone can sign up to take surveys and we donate money to charity for each survey completed. Since launching, we’ve donated over $9 million dollars to charity.
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer for SurveyMonkey, to work closely with our Product and Engineering team in downtown Seattle to deliver the ultimate user experience for survey creators and respondents.
- You eat, breathe, and sleep problem-solving and you impress with your aesthetic sensibility, too.
- You understand product. You get business. And you have the ability to define a great MVP.
- You’ll have autonomy and will be part of a growing community of other UX designers at SurveyMonkey.
- You value communication, organization and rational thinking and feel there is always time to do a sanity check, build excitement and celebrate successes (as well as failures.)
- You have the skill and experience to do product design end-to-end: dream up visions of the user experience; collaborate on direction; define research plans; test viable concepts; evaluate merits of good design solutions that focus on the user and their needs; and, of course, deliver specs at the highest level of quality and attention to detail.
- Partner with the SurveyMonkey Audience Product and Engineering team to conceive, plan, and deliver effective UX solutions across the SurveyMonkey Audience product.
- Participate as an influential member of the broader SurveyMonkey UX team to support other designers, guide the UX vision, and help build our design culture.
- Be awesome, professional and a joy to work with.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a key member of a User Experience Design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications
- 8 or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including user research, product management and engineering
- Experience with application design
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience including business, product and technology teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams, wire frames, prototypes and screen flows
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
How to Apply:
- Show off your work. Tell us the problems you solved, your approach, about your team, the challenge(s) and how you measured success.
- Have a point of view on SurveyMonkey, the product and the company.
- Tell us why SurveyMonkey is on your list of places to work.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.