Picarro is looking for an experienced Project Manager to build the next generation of our recently introduced flagship suite of products – Picarro Surveyor™. The Surveyor is a transformational data analytics platform that allows the customer to conduct natural gas pipeline leak and upstream emission surveys spanning the entire natural gas industry supply chain, from the wellhead to the consumer.
The Program Manager will be responsible for delivering complex systems (hardware and software) development projects from requirements through production releases. This position will plan and manage projects, proactively manage risks and resolve issues, and communicate the health of the project to stakeholders. The position will facilitate information flow between project members, management and others, and will have decision-making authority for assigned projects. You are someone who leads by example and have the uncanny ability to influence to foster collaboration and teamwork that generate impactful results.
- Plans and drives the delivery of high quality, on-time/on-budget, impactful releases.
- Works closely with product managers and engineering managers to ensure products meet or exceed customers’ feature/functionality requirements.
- Ability to drive multiple projects effectively.
- Act as Scrum master for 1-2 scrum teams
- Work with cross functional teams to facilitate/drive sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Assist the Product Owner with keeping the backlog groomed.
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide visibility to Engineering as well as cross functional teams.
- Monitors changes relevant to the project. Ensures formal change control is enacted for modifying project commitments for schedule, staffing or committed scope.
- Creates project plans, identifies tasks, acquires estimates for tasks, and prepares schedules.
- Manages risks to the successful completion of the project. Identifies, classifies, prioritizes, mitigates and develops contingency plans for risks appropriately.
- Identifies and communicates milestones to project teams and provide status updates to stakeholders and Senior management team.
- Understands Business contexts and priorities to exercise sound judgments in driving projects.
- Comprehends technical issues to facilitate resolutions
- Leads in creating good engineering practices and drives continuous process improvement. Enforces defined engineering standards, processes, and practices.
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of project management experience.
- 5+ years managing New Product Introduction (NPI) or Product Life Cycle (PLC) processes in a systems (hardware and software) development environment.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an agile environment as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of best practices in hardware and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with tools used for waterfall and agile project management required.
- General knowledge of SaaS web-based applications and environments.
- Scrum Master on at least four projects that had duration of at least 8 iterations each.
- Strong people skills and the ability to lead and influence
- Strong analytical ability
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent years of relevant work experience) required.
- Either PMP or CSM or similar project management certification required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.