It’s possibly the single most in-demand skill in the tech industry: the ability to turn data into dollars. It sounds like alchemy, but it’s exactly what you do. And it’s exactly what we need.
At Anki, We glean oceans of valuable info from our web presences and current trends, and we need someone on the line to dive in. Someone who innately understands our marketing initiatives and goals and knows the right questions to ask the right people. If you can take in our marketing initiatives and goals, and offer analysis and insights that help us meet them, we’ll listen. You’ll effect lasting change in our e-commerce strategy in general and our website portal in particular.
So what’s stopping you from taking your in-demand skills to practically any other commerce company in the industry? Nothing. Except that most of them will bore the pants off you. A company with a new idea, however, that’s something else. Say, a gaming company that might just be the future of entertainment. Because of robots.
At Anki, our games feature actual AI-driven robots that you can hold in your hand and race across your coffee table. It’s a combination of virtual and real-world gaming that folks like CNET and Apple’s Tim Cook believe is the next big thing. And who are we to argue? We have plenty of sales channels for them, and we’d like you to focus on the most important one: Anki.com. You’ll have the freedom to interpret data, and act on it to improve and increase online conversion.
If you’re a self-starting, hands-on, pro-active team member-type, you fit the description. And if you like the idea of working somewhere future-forward where you can make a genuine difference, we fit yours.
Because we can build the best robots in the industry, but we sorta need to sell them, too. If you can get results, we’ll give you that chance. Visit the Anki website and find us onFacebook andYouTube to learn more, and get in touch.
If Anki were stranded on a desert island, you’d be:Collecting weather and tidal patterns and pairing them with shipping lane data to find the optimal times for rescue.
If Anki were a carnival, you’d be:The person behind the scenes making sure the games provide just enough entertainment value to keep people paying $5 to throw tiny plastic rings at rubber ducks.
If Anki was “The Devil Wears Prada,” you’d be: Whoever it is that keeps that magazine in business. 300 pages of glossy ads for $10? Talk about a fantasy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Extract and analyze web data, business performance metrics, and other data sources to drive Ecommerce strategy and create insightful recommendations.
- Identify new opportunities to improve the web site experience, and analyze & quantify the ROI of site improvements.
- Manage the product backlog to consistently innovate and improve the business, prioritizing all defects associated with the product and/or that are impacting customers, with appropriate urgency and consideration of current backlog.
- Possess an understanding of the performance of the product and of the entire site by creating, monitoring and sharing product scorecards and KPIs.
- Possess an understanding of industry trends, competition, relevant technologies and emerging issues for eCommerce.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend external vendors to support feature functionality requests, where appropriate.
- Support site search optimization, external search engine optimization, and paid search marketing.
- Ownership of Google Analytics and its roadmap based on business needs
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of all online and web analytics data via the continual monitoring, assessment, and auditing of site and program tags.
- Lead and execute a hypothesis-driven approach on A/B & Multivariate Testing, with a focus on increasing conversion across all devices.
- Partner cross-functionally with IT/Technology, Marketing, Operations, and Sales Teams to provide ad-hoc Ecommerce reports and analytics.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contract negotiation and renewals.
- Communicate results in a clear, concise manner to business partners
- Bachelors degree with 4+ years of experience in web analytics
- Ability to prioritize and respond to analytics requests in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in transforming analytics into concise and actionable reports
- Multi-tasking, results oriented individual with ability to identify dependencies, and leverage multiple sources of information at once
- Expert in MS applications: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Intellectually curious and excited to roll up your sleeve to learn new things
- Experience in A/B and multivariate-testing
- Knowledge of Optimizely and Google Tag Manager
- Experience in web analytics using Google Analytics or similar tools
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, life and ad&d benefits, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!