WHO ARE WE?
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our sixth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York, where we are headquartered, and Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and assist them with talent acquisition as they build their 21st Century workforce.
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a professional looking to work in a fast-paced environment on a growing team. You should be a self-starter, have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, extremely client focused, and able to maintain composure under pressure. Your teammates trust you to deliver on every detail -- from what will served at lunchtime at a learning program we are delivering to sending hundreds of emails to kick-off an online learning experience to having tough conversations with internal and external stakeholders -- and have every confidence that GA’s relationship with the client is a good hands.
The Engagement Manager will be responsible for planning and executing the successful delivery of blended (combining face-to-face and online) learning experiences to our Fortune 500 clients. Engagement Managers resolve issues that stand in the way of project success, can prevent issues before they have a chance to emerge, and are two steps ahead in their thinking in the planning and execution of our learning programs. Engagement Managers play a critical part in General Assembly’s growth: Successful program deliveries combined with professional, consultative client relationship management lead to parent account growth. Your goal is to create such incredible experiences for our clients that they cannot pass up the opportunity to do more work with us. The parent-account growth you will facilitate will make a direct impact to the bottom line of our business and its growth.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Developing relationships with clients and teammates in which they see you as a reliable, committed, and trusted partner. This is shown through attention to detail; timely and professional communication; precise execution; running efficient meetings that lead to clear outcomes; and exuding executive presence
- Conducting stakeholder and needs-assessment interviews with clients and client-side stakeholders in order to customize products and engagements to their specific needs
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders -- including instructional designers and members of our growth team -- who will all contribute to the client experience and who will look to you to guide and drive them to provide an exemplary client experience
- Creating timelines and workflows for projects that take will take into consideration the required inputs of multiple, required internal and external stakeholders to facilitate efficient, simultaneous executions for multiple projects in your portfolio
- Workflows for offline programs include:
- Manage the timelines, logistics, and execution of assigned offline enterprise education programs including the production of materials, instructor contracts, classroom setup design and catering.
- Organize pre-program client communications, instructor communications, and post-program debrief sessions.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and client sponsors throughout the program planning process to create an on-brand and meaningful classroom experience.
- Source instructors through leveraging our current GA community and network of practicing entrepreneurs and technologists to support the delivery of exceptional programs.
- Manage the budget and margins to ensure peak effectiveness.
- Workflows for online and blended programs include:
- Create, plan and execute both online and offline engagement strategies to motivate participants to invest time in learning through our online products. Examples might include development of customized email campaigns, quizzes, sweepstakes, recognition, gamification (e.g., leaderboards)
- Design and execute on email marketing campaign strategies
- Coordinate and work with our internal teams (e.g., design team, tech team) to create develop/support engagement campaigns
- Closely monitor user data and KPIs to drive insights and strategy to continually improve program metrics around completion and quality
- Develop individual learning plans to drive participant engagement (initially manually, and eventually managing an automated tool)
- Address any participant questions about our online products over email
- Serving as the point person for the client and the GA team while engagements are being delivered, making and managing the team through real-time decisions that can call for changes of course for throughout the implementation
- Creating account maps and plans, in collaboration with members of our Growth team, to drive toward parent account growth
Acting as team leader to ensure seamless, top-quality client experience through liaising between all parties associated with an implementation, including Growth, Product, and other business units at General Assembly
- Identifying opportunities to position other GA products and services to clients and assisting members of our Growth organization in the securement of new opportunities
- 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in consulting, project management, or implementing client solutions
- Comfort working with mid-to-senior level clients
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Open to travel, domestic and internationally, for client engagements and meetings
- Strong project and program management skills and high attention to detail in executing multi-phase engagements
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion, and be successful in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills required for interfacing with internal team, managing client expectations, resolving conflicts, and working with various levels of management in various departments