We are seeking a Project Manager to support the growth of our urban technology products like Link.
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting multiple projects in a technology environment, with a special focus on urban technology and smart city projects like Link. The ideal candidate will have expertise in multiple IT disciplines and extensive project management experience coordinating large-scale operations, ideally in an urban environment.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful planning and implementation of projects to ensure objectives are accomplished within designated timeframes.
- Manage large, complex programs/ projects, including financial responsibilities.
- Responsible for all phases of projects which may include programs involving multiple project work streams, and acts as a single point of contact for those projects.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams of technical professionals.
- Analyzes project issues, progress and performance and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Creates and maintains project work plans and drives the necessary project control points including resource plan, budgets, risk tracking, issue logs, planning assumptions, milestones, change management, and project dependencies.
- Responsible for assessing the impact of shifting project priorities, demands and timeline modifications.
- Maintains open communication with all teams involved with the project.
- Proven project/program management & leadership skills, including Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
- Team player who is comfortable under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in developing and driving Project strategies.
- Must be willing to travel Internationally up to 50%.
- Strong Experience in End-to-End Planning and Project Execution.
- The ability to create, maintain and manage complicated schedules and critical paths.
- Experience supporting application development projects required, experience with agile software methodologies preferred.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and other project management related tools.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, meeting facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and interact with different project teams.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in agile environments.
- Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility experience required.
- Experience and ability to follow mandated process and maintain compliance with detailed administrative procedures.
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.