About Rent the Runway:
Described by Forbes as “Tech’s Next Billion Dollar Star” Rent the Runway is set to disrupt the $1.7T Global Fashion Industry by ensuring that rental is a habitual, convenient, daily part of getting dressed. We believe that every woman in the U.S. and soon every woman in the world, should have a subscription to fashion that is powered by a mobile-first experience, aided by top-notch customer service and serviced by omni-channel capabilities. We also believe that fashion is an industry that should be democratized by giving everyone access to the real thing and the associated feelings of self-confidence that comes with. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised over $125MM and built a transformative business model, proprietary technology all coded in-house, a unique reverse-logistics operation and one of the most beloved brands on earth. 5MM women in the U.S. are members of our community - many have used Rent the Runway for some of the most important events in their lives. We have also launched a foundation to support female entrepreneurship and help women build scalable businesses. There is a revolutionary spirit in our founding DNA that permeates to our culture today; Our team is smart, aggressive, entrepreneurial and ready to continue challenging old systems and rewriting new rules.
Rent the Runway’s Chicago Store allows clients the opportunity to have a personalized shopping experience. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven, self-motivated, and energetic leader, who will consistently deliver exceptional customer service and bring our brand to life. This is a Store Management role with leadership responsibilities, but is not limited to these duties. All duties and responsibilities will contribute directly to the growth and expansion of our business, and are subject to change.
- Lead a team of Associate Managers, Stylist and Sales Associates
- Actively contribute to the team’s growth by leading by example, communicating effectively, and collaborating with internal teams
- Act as a mentor and point person to the team by providing guidance, constructive feedback, and by demonstrating strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Responsible for meeting store goals and key metrics; hold team members accountable for overall and individual goals.
- Monitor and execute payroll goals
- Achieve or exceed financial plans through effective planning and management. Ensure disciplined control of all store expenses
- Ensure all opening and closing store procedures occur in a timely and efficient manner
- Lead team meetings; perform individual touch bases and monthly reviews.
- Work closely with the Corporate Team to elevate the store experience and further develop areas of interest. Analyzing and growing the business. Demonstrate keen understanding of products and services, using this knowledge to build sales
- Support Regional Director in relevant projects and trainings.
- Filling in where needed as business demands; handling customer issues, working with walk in traffic and any other tasks that need attention.
- Lead and execute marketing events and promotions.
- Lead and execute visual directives. Ensure store meets visual, organizational and cleanliness standards
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Requires 5 plus years store management experience
- Computer proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Excellent English communication - verbal and written. Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent time management/project skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner
- Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Dedicated to high levels of Client Service and Revenue productivity
- Areas indicating leadership skills including local outreach and marketing
- Must be able to work shift standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs.
- Must be able to pack, unpack and move stock when supporting in receiving / stocking store functions.
- Supplemental Info: Provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Consistent track record of success in a leadership position
- Proven track record in attendance and performance. Flexible schedule and ability to commit a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends