Everlane is seeking a technical designer with experience in luxury fashion to oversee development of ready to wear pieces and accessories. You will be responsible for developing technical packages, creating specs, and evaluating garments for consistent fit and construction, in addition to coordinating between factories and the design team.
Our brand ethos and design aesthetic is one of purity and simplicity; less is more. Our vision is to create perfect and timeless wardrobe pieces for every woman (the tee, the silk blouse, the trench...). We rely on a maniacal editing process to get these essential pieces just right, from fabric to fit, to drape and construction.
- Manage sample development of women's product - woven & knit tops, woven & knit bottoms (excluding denim) and tailored outerwear
- Develop technical packages based on sketches and/or samples from designers while maintaining fit and construction standards
- Oversee all product from technical package creation through pass off to production team counterpart
- Measure all samples to ensure correct construction and accurate spec measurements
- Lead fit sessions; including facilitating design, merchandising, and production team’s feedback
- Lead and mentor other members of the technical design team
- Create and communicate all fit comments and answer all factory questions for both domestic and overseas factories
- Cast and schedule all fit models
- Maintain a fast-paced product development calendar while working across multiple seasons
- 5-8 years technical design experience, 1-2 years of leadership experience
- Interest in leading and mentoring others
- Significant experience and skill in pattern making
- Thorough understanding of garment construction in woven's category- including soft tailoring, shirting, and bottoms
- Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors
- Entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong planning skills with a sense of priority for deadlines
- Fast-paced working style, highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Adobe CS Illustrator, Photo Shop, and Excel
- Please note this position will start as full time Freelance with the intention of hiring this person on as a permanent member of the team
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.