Affirm provides honest financing options to consumers checking out at online stores. The Strategic Brands Senior Account Executive will identify and drive opportunities to build out our merchant business. This role will have a direct impact on top-priority, company-wide goals and will provide accelerated learning with a world-class team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Drive new business by finding and developing new leads
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, and developing client relationships
- Meet or exceed targets for revenue and sales activity
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Affirm solution
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Manage pipeline and follow through with presentations, proposals and contracts
- Liaise with other teams and functions both administratively and as part of new launches, etc.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of closing experience on high performing sales teams
- Experience in investment banking, consulting, growth equity or retail e-commerce
- Proven experience using consultative approach to partner with ecommerce merchants (ideally tech/finance products)
- Driven to succeed and be able to work both independently and with a team to build your book of business
- Strong strategy, research, analysis, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge, interest and experience in retail, startups and enterprise sized companies preferred
- Comfortable working with both internal teams and external partners
- Experience and/or comfort in managing deals and speaking with decision makers at e-commerce companies
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
- Excellent ability to communicate and extremely detail-oriented
At Affirm we are using technology to re-imagine and re-build core parts of financial infrastructure to enable friendlier and more transparent financial products and services that improve lives.
We believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Not only is the core infrastructure built with technology from the 1970s, but there are a dwindling number of people who say "I trust my bank to look out for me". It doesn’t have to be this way, and it’s our mission to fix this problem.
We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO of PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir); and building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.