At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. We work hard with talented chefs to make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
Forbes - Food Still Hot: Why Investors Bet $21 Million On Freshly's Three-Minute Meals
Inc - This Startup Just Proved the Meal Delivery Business Hasn't Spoiled Yet
Freshly Featured on CNBC's Squawk Box- "Hot Startups to look for in 2016"
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As R&D Chef, you will be responsible for developing, organizing, implementing, and executing new food products into commercial production.
• Product Development
• Implementing new products into commerce
• Ingredient sourcing
• Creating product formulas for large-scale production from bench top samples
• Training production staff
• Working alongside production managers and quality assurance staff to improve the food quality and processes
• Shelf life testing
• Culinary Arts Degree with 3+ years related food service, manufacturing and/or volume cooking experience
• Food Science Degree with 2+ years experience
• USDA /FDA experience preferred
• Have the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment - skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities
• You are optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges
• Strong organization, time management and leadership skills
• Work as a team player
• Ability to communicate clearly to instruct others in standard operating procedures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proficient computer skills required; knowledge of Genesis nutritional software preferred
• Effective writing skills
• Mentor team members
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Freshly.