What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to oversee the smooth and efficient operations of shipping and receiving departments. They are responsible for overseeing the activities of employees engaged in material handling, shipping, storage and transportation.
- Supervise incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments.
- Supervise work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflow.
- Supervise shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Arranging transportation that optimizes service and cost.
- Inspecting incoming materials and notifying appropriate staff of potential quality issues.
- Inspecting loading operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Directing movement of shipments to appropriate work areas.
- Ensuring shipping area is organized and clean at all times and meets all compliance factors.
- Ensuring that all employees are in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and other company-related policies and procedures.
- Compiling and maintaining applicable metrics as required.
- Training, developing and performance-monitoring activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of successful managerial leadership experience in a food production environment, running a warehouse department, and/or working in operations at a start-up.
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge with WMS
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
- Work experience in food production or food manufacturing preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (10°-40°)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Blue Apron.