Data Centre Technician:
We have an immediate opening for a Data Centre Technician in our London data centre. In this position you will install and maintain servers, network infrastructure and client solutions in a world class data centre. Work with a team of system and network administrators supporting DataPipe large and growing hosting network.
- Deploy, setup and maintain enterprise grade hardware from various manufactures (HP, Dell, Sun, etc.)
- Install (and remove) racks, shelving, power strips, rails, cable management within data centre and labs
- Perform operating systems installs with different versions of Windows, Linux and FreeBSD
- Assist senior level engineers in troubleshooting customer problems
- Monitor, escalate and resolve any HVAC, leak control and power systems abnormalities
- Assist in the hardware recertification process
- Manage requests on a ticketing system.
- Maintain accurate records of all Data Centre equipment
- Report current status via the ticketing system, shift reports and email
- On call via pager during unscheduled days or shift times for emergency scheduling requirements
- Flexibility to work different shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills and be comfortable working in a Data Centre environment
- Strong understanding of server technology including RAID
- Basic understanding of networking with an emphasis on TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Full understanding data centre cabling standards including fiber optics
- Basic working knowledge of electrical systems and general electrical theory
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of HP server hardware is a plus
- Experience with Cisco switches and PIX FW's a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple project and priorities
- Ability to lift 60-75lbs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- CompTIA A+, N+ Certification
- High School Diploma
- 1 year experience in related field, or equivalent education.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.