Business Analyst | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in in the revolution.
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Business Analyst. The Business Analyst position will reside in the Business Analytics group, which serves as the central analytics team for the company. The team is responsible for using analytics and structured problem solving to identify opportunities for growth, as well as identifying and executing operational improvements.
You will work across a broad range of functional teams (Executive, Finance, Technology, Marketing, Sales, and Business Development) and will play a key role in shaping the strategic direction of the company.
- Work independently or as a member of a small team to conduct rigorous, fact-based research to advise senior management on critical business decisions
- Assist management with definition, documentation, and implementation of business processes
- Utilize SQL and Excel to analyze and present data in a way that helps frame objective discussions both internally and externally
- Augment and develop data reporting tools that automate and streamline business intelligence processes
- Provide operational analytics support for strategic business initiatives and business process improvement as directed by management
- Share key findings to Stakeholders throughout the organization
- Deliver work that meets high standards of quality, accuracy, and relevance
- Other strategic and analytical projects as directed by management
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
- 1-3 years of work experience/internships in a challenging analytical role, preferably in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or marketing analytics. Prior start up experience is great, but must be in an analytical function
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem solving. Highly motivated to solve challenging business problems, and have a direct impact on significant business decisions
- Comfort performing analyses to distill and draw out insights from complex data sources with SQL and Excel; Experience with statistical analysis is a plus
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience managing demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources or information
- High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to prioritize and multi-task independently
- Intermediate to Advanced level of SQL, MS Excel (e.g. logical statements, v/hlookups, sumifs, etc.) and PowerPoint/Keynote skills
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and commitment, positive "can-do" attitude
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Daily meditation break
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society