Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to revolutionize commerce through the seamless integration of content and relevant products. The company’s network reach is currently over 500 million monthly visitors across more than 200 publisher partners with 3 million registered members. Our leading native commerce platform provides publishers and vendors with turnkey solutions to increase user engagement, growth, and monetization. These solutions include: full-service commerce shops, editorial, email, social in-feed product recommendations, and real-time analytics dashboards. We are headquartered in Venice, CA and backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for overseeing and executing the strategy for all B2C and B2B marketing activities for our ecommerce platform. This role will oversee and manage growth, retention, PR, and social initiatives, while also managing the merchandising calendar and playing a large role in matching users with the right products at the right time. This individual must have extensive experience in digital marketing for an e-commerce company, be data-driven, and be highly analytical.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & Manage. Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that identifies and expands upon new key levers to growth. Oversee entire marketing organization and ensure an integrated approach is taken across all channels (email, social, on-site, and editorial). Lead PR and branding initiatives that grow the B2B side of the business. Manage and report on goals and KPI’s for the marketing team and ensure positive but responsible growth within CPA targets.
- Innovate & Optimize. Make data-driven decisions to optimize acquisition and retention across all channels. Oversee customer segmentation analyses to ensure users are being presented with the right products via the right mediums. Work with the product team to develop new tools and products to drive acquisition, increase repeat purchasers, and increase AOV. Develop new and cutting-edge marketing campaigns for both digital and physical channels to attract new users and re-engage dormant users.
- Branding & PR. Collaborate with the design and content teams to create thought leadership messaging and PR on native commerce and online media monetization. Create efficient processes for ensuring vendor marketplace products are representative of our mission and brand. Meticulously monitor, edit, and evangelize our brand and capabilities across the web.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years experience in digital marketing, preferably in the ecommerce or ad tech space
- Strong understanding and experience in managing and executing email marketing, paid acquisition, content marketing, social media, CRO, and SEO
- Experience scaling companies through both online and offline marketing channels
- Experience in creation and oversight of B2B branding and PR strategies
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills. Experience using Google Analytics, Optimizely, and BI tools a must
- Understanding of editorial content and how it can be utilized as a commerce channel to drive traffic
- Experience managing and optimizing email campaigns, and working with design and product teams
- Experience setting social media strategy across multiple platforms to drive growth and brand awareness
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute while also seeing the broader vision of the company
- Must be highly organized, able to pick up things quickly, and create processes that scale even in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company
- Experience working with or leading merchandising teams to ensure the right products are sourced relative to the customer demographic
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!