Let’s go inspire 100 million people to learn anything they can imagine. Let’s go inspire 100,000 instructors to share their knowledge with the world. Let’s go help 10,000 businesses to change the way their employees learn.
Learn. Empathize. Take Ownership. ‘nnovate. Show Passion.
Get Stuff Done. Open Up.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 13 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy. Through our global marketplace, we connect lifelong learners around the world to the largest selection of online courses created by expert instructors, and we’re just getting started
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
- Work with development and infrastructure teams to build robust and scalable infrastructure to support the Udemy platform.
- Function as a technical lead for various projects as needed, which involves project, resource, and deployment planning in addition to ongoing software engineering responsibilities.
- Mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our infrastructure.
- Interface with senior leaders and company executives on technical matters.
What we use
- Python, Django
- Ansible, Docker, Mesos, Marathon
- nginx, HAProxy
- MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- RabbitMQ, Celery, Kafka, Spark
- Nagios, Munin, New Relic, Datadog
- Minimum four (6) years experience in progressively more senior engineering roles.
- Strong background in application and systems level engineering.
- Track record of delivering major initiatives from planning to deployment.
- Experience with various SQL and NoSQL datastores.
- Excellent knowledge of instance provisioning, management, and software deployments.
- Working knowledge of modern Unix development and runtime environments.
- Strong technical communication skills.
Udemy in the News:
TechCrunch: Udemy Raises Another $65 Million To Help Anyone Learn Anything
Wall Street Journal: Udemy Raises $65 Million to Become Netflix for Education
Bloomberg: Why LinkedIn Is Tapping Into Online Education
Forbes: Closing The Skills Gap: How Udemy Is Helping Anyone Learn Anything
SFGate: Company culture, collaboration is focus at Udemy