Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We are looking for a talented QA engineer to help grow our engineering team. QA engineers are highly valued at Classy. We look for engineers who are detail-oriented, disciplined, have an aptitude for testing, and know they want to develop their professional careers as QA engineers. QA is not a stepping stone to development here. Come join us in doing what you love to do, while making a difference in the world of philanthropy.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will play a key role in testing a variety of products and features for our fundraising platform, and in developing tools to support that effort. The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality, a strong background in establishing and maintaining QA practices, and writing and executing manual and basic automated tests.
- Hands on involvement in all development projects. Test planning, manual testing, test automation and defect logging and verification.
- Define and execute the QA test plan for features within product releases.
- Actively participate and contribute in reviews of requirements, design, schedules, and test plans.
- Apply QA best practices from project inception to deployment and beyond.
- Identify and report defects through JIRA and tracking through closure.
- Ensure that the reliability, performance, and functionality of assigned features and functionality meet or exceed business goals.
- Work closely with software development staff to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects.
Requirements (what it will take for you to get in the door):
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience testing eCommerce websites.
- Strong knowledge and experience applying QA best practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to create, manage and execute test plans and test cases.
- Experience with cross browser testing, including mobile browsers.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with regression testing.
- Experience with basic automated testing platforms including Selenium.
- Ability to champion various quality initiatives (i.e. test driven development).
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and project management skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex web products and translate functional issues concisely to the software development team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with tight deadlines.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a focus on the success of the team over the individual.
- Ability to use Jenkins and orchestrate deployments.
- A deep understanding of scrum/agile methodologies.
- A firm understanding of API technology and testing tools (i.e. Postman).
Our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.