Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Whether they’re studying mitosis, monopolies, or Marbury v. Madison, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
As the Content Project Manager, you’ll play a key role in the smooth functioning of the team that creates Khan Academy content in the US and abroad. You’ll manage the operations necessary for the Content team and our international translation leads (known as “advocates”) to effectively and efficiently plan, create, and disseminate high-quality content, and you’ll be responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality of Khan Academy content. You’ll work closely with other members of the content team, across other functions at Khan Academy, and many international organizations/partners as well. You know that maintaining internal systems builds the foundation for efficient and impactful work, and you demonstrate attention to detail, resourcefulness in anticipating and solving problems, strong organizational systems, and a collaborative work ethic.
Our Content team will be growing in late 2017 or early 2018. If you're looking for a faster timeline, please consider our immediate openings.
- Lead the execution of quality assurance processes for both the US and international content, and continuously refine those processes over time
- Coordinate and support translation projects across advocates, international partner organizations, and the Khan Academy content team
- Manage operational strategy and execution of logistics and for team processes and initiatives
- Serve as primary point of contact for training and supporting translation advocates
- Foster an engaged and supportive community of Khan Academy advocates across the globe
- Special projects related to new initiatives, as assigned
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- 2-3 years full-time work experience
- English fluency and impeccable communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate complex operations in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build trusting and productive relationships across cultural and geographic lines of difference
- Willingness to take risks, experiment, and learn from successes and failures
- Strong interest in building replicable systems and minimizing unnecessarily reinventing the wheel
- Experience leading collaborative work on time-sensitive projects
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn a complex system of tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- The ability to work full time from our offices in Mountain View, CA
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply:
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, or academic - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in KA (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.