The position will focus on online ad trafficking and strategy of BuzzFeed branded content. This will include video, post and short form assets to be optimized across multiple platforms (i.e. BuzzFeed.com and Facebook) This will require daily interaction with our internal teams such as Client Services, Sales, Operations, and our external clients to ensure consistent and smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns.
- Manage ad trafficking (Facebook/YouTube/DFP) for BuzzFeed branded content partners and key BuzzFeed accounts
- Grow team of direct reports who execute all aspects of BuzzFeed’s media buys, including trafficking, optimization, reporting, and analysis, across multiple social networks, ad servers, and ad buying platforms
- Interact with account managers, developers, project managers, design, and publishing partners on various ops projects.
- Demonstrate platform expertise and develop content distribution strategies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage relationships with publishers, media vendors, and third-party vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys and stay current with new products/features
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Actively contribute to the development and prioritization of new features and functionality for a constantly evolving product line
- Define high performing distribution strategies for European markets, leveraging your media buying background
- 2-5 years relevant job experience required
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and efficient time-management skills
- Experience with buying on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat)
- Experience with third-party ad servers - DART for Publishers preferred
- Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other online video campaigns
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage & analyze large sets of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box and come up with unique solutions to complex problems
- Managed content distribution for portfolio of client accounts a plus
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics a plus
- Previous management experience (2-3 direct reports)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated proclivity in Technology, Internet and/or Social Advertising
- Competency in a foreign language (Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese a plus)
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.