At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. We work hard with talented chefs to make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
Forbes - Food Still Hot: Why Investors Bet $21 Million On Freshly's Three-Minute Meals
Inc - This Startup Just Proved the Meal Delivery Business Hasn't Spoiled Yet
Freshly Featured on CNBC's Squawk Box- "Hot Startups to look for in 2016"
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack engineer to join our core development team. Our current backing is a custom-built platform that encompasses eCommerce, warehouse management, shipping logistics and business logic for our subscription service that ships thousands of meals per week. The complex business logic includes order management, shipping schedules, meal recommendation and prediction, subscription pause/cancel management, as well as complex logistic problems to sustain the business for years to come . You will be taking full control of features from the architectural design, to the data modeling all the way to the frontend implementation. You will be helping millions of people to eat better and to meaningfully impact their lives.
Code is your way of life, you love building things. You're the kind of person who enjoys picking up a new language on your free time, and get the tingles thinking about scalable, high-performance systems. You love building code connected to real things (food) that improves peoples lives (healthy eating). You think in how your code would work scaling to millions of customers, and redo it if it can be done better. You are creative, and not afraid of a challenge. Your passion makes everyone around you better coders, better designers, better cooks. If you are that engineer, we want you here.
• You have extensive production knowledge of Ruby on Rails, as well as vast experience in other Web Frameworks. You have shipped production code that is being used by thousands of people.
• Have experience in building e-commerce components such as transaction processing, inventory, race conditions, etc. Geo-location, CRM, and reporting a plus.
• Have published your own Github projects or be a committer in a serious project
• Being an advocate for quality, beautiful lasting code.
• Experience in testing frameworks (like BDD/TDD)
• High-level proficiency in UNIX and system ops (building RPMs, chef recipes, deployment scripts)
• Expert in writing complex SQL queries
• Experience in non-SQL paradigms such as mongodb, bigtable, cassandra.
• High-level experience in scaling: memcached, redis, partitioning
• Write clean HTML/CSS/jQuery code. About the equivalent of a junior front-end developer
• Mobile experience a plus.
• Previous startup experience a plus.
• Our stack: Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Backbone, PostgreSQL, RSpec, SASS
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Freshly.