As Test Lab Technician, you will perform static and dynamic tests on bicycle parts to help evaluate if design criteria are met before production approval. You will also assist in development of future tests and evaluation of tested components. As a member of a small team, you will be expected to help out in many areas as we work together to develop industry leading bikes!
Test Lab Testing
- Coordinate testing requirement with development team including test request setup, test priority, required fixtures and procedures.
- Perform daily testing including setup, tear down and report writing documenting all results and failure locations.
- Organize all test items for future inspection and analysis.
- Ensure that all machines are receiving proper maintenance to obtain reliable test results and ensure the machine life is maximized.
- Determine all test lab fixture and tool requirements to optimize efficiency and throughput. Work with California and Taiwan test labs to source and order items as needed based on capacity and demand.
- Work with other Specialized labs to develop new tests or test fixtures.
- Educate employees in other departments as required about test standards, results and logic behind the tests.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO WIN:
- College degree in technical subjects (B.S. in engineering or manufacturing).
- Engineering experience in testing or manufacturing role, including:
- Experience setting up and running tests with ability to follow documented procedures, operate and adjust machinery and fixtures as required.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes including stamping, forging, extrusion, tube forming, heat treatment, injection molding, casting, welding alloy structures & machining of alloys and composites.
- Ability to interpret test results and suggest solutions if part does not meet requirements.
- Have proven experience creating and reading 2 dimensional drawings with geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T). As well you may be required to modify or create new drawings or parts for new test fixtures.
- Familiarity with part inspection using basic hand held tools for first article inspection. You will need to be able to inspect fixtures and tools making sure they meet drawing dimensions and tolerance.
- Communication in English is required. Vietnamese or Mandarin Chinese would be extremely beneficial.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Interest in, or experience with bicycles is extremely beneficial.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word. Programming background is beneficial.
- Ability to work 6 days per week during initial lab set up and staffing phase. Within 1 year, we expect to reduce to 5 work days per week (but must work on either Saturday or Sunday).
- Fun, active environment – ride bikes at lunch!
- Push yourself to innovate as part of a small, flexible team of passionate engineers and technicians
- Transportation between Ho Chi Minh (District 2) and office in Long Thanh provided
- Competitive salary, bonus, cell phone subsidy
- Paid annual leave, technical and English training
- SI, HI, UI, group insurance, travel overseas
Other jobs at Specialized
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Specialized.