Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get dive deep into the data that powers the business and work on tools and platforms to inform and influence decisions on the operations for all teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp. Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
The BI Team Lead will be a key member of the BI team, which includes BI analysts and data engineers. He/she will lead and coordinate the efforts to deliver high quality analytics data and timely reporting necessary for a data-driven company.
- Forecast and meet BI requirements of the company
- Build and maintain efficient ETL and reporting pipelines
- Manage and implement data pipelines to ensure necessary data is tracked
- Consolidate and organize sources of data into analytics data warehouse and ensure data quality and integrity across data sources
- Develop and maintain analytics platform and BI tools
- Standardize data interpretation and consumption by end users within data team and company-wide
- Take ownership and responsibility in delivering prompt, accurate and reliable reporting for the company
- Work closely with engineers, data analysts and functional teams across the company to provide analytics in support of new or existing features and processes
- Work with data analysts / data scientists in building processes for extracting value from raw data
- Manage and mentor less experienced team members and improve team-wide business acumen
You are someone who:
- Have excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, as well as outstanding business acumen and the ability to work with quantitative and business teams
- Is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space
- Demonstrates high judgement and business experience
- Is able to identify and recommend data-driven solutions and collaborate with other analytics and functional team members to define the optimal metrics and reporting and take ownership to drive delivery
- Have an eye for incongruencies and the passion to dive deep into data
- Have a track record in process improvement and optimization
- Have technical skills, project management skills and the ability to multi-task and thrive in an energizing environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- 3+ years experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- 2+ years experience managing people in Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience providing practical business insights
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to a non-technical audience
- SQL, programming (Python, Java or Go), and statistical data analysis skills
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Carousell.