Brit + Co is looking for a Public Relations Intern located in the NYC area. This role would report to the Senior Communications Associate and be responsible for assisting in all things communications with a focus on public relations. They will have the opportunity to be intimately involved with PR strategy and tactics around ad trades, technology, business and consumer press. The right person will have an interest in startups, technology and the media and commerce industries. They should be highly organized, motivated, detail-oriented and a problem-solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The right person will also have an understanding of the Brit + Co voice and be passionate about making and creating. Previous internship experience is preferred but not required. This internship is paid.
- Media Relations: Vet inbound requests from media through research and make recommendations on participation.
- Company Announcements: Create media lists and assist in the planning and execution of company announcements.
- Conferences and Awards: Assist in securing conference and award opportunities for the company and its executives.
- Media Training: Prepare briefing documents for company executives and representatives for speaking opportunities and interviews with press.
- News Monitoring: Monitor for and share relevant industry news company-wide.
- Enrolled or recently graduated as a student in PR/communications.
- Understanding of the Brit + Co brand, voice and mission.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills and innate attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency. Must be a self-starter with a track record of success taking initiative, solving problems and going above and beyond to get things done, especially under tight deadlines/time pressure.
- Strong communication skills. Must be self-aware and have the ability to communicate with others effectively.
- Mastery of Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Excel.
- Availability to work 15+ per week from our office in west SoHo.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Brit + Co.