SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR / SR. DIRECTOR
Sweety High is seeking a Director to lead the social media team and grow all social channels across our brand for tween and teen girls. We are a highly creative, editorialized business that serves a critical niche with an emphasis on entertainment, music, fashion, beauty, dance and food.
As a digital platform, the primary focus will be on both social strategy and day-to-day management of the social team, content calendar, marketing campaigns, social promotions and editorial tied to brands, stars and trends from our network.
This critical role reports to the VP of Audience and requires a passion for culture with a deep attention to detail, superb time management, and a natural pride in ownership. We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that understands how to create highly engaged offerings that grow social audiences aggressively across platforms.
- Build and drive the growth and engagement strategy for the Social Media department based on actualizing core business KPI’s and editorial goals.
- Drive ideation and execution of social publishing campaigns from concept through execution based on publishing and editorial department content as well as original franchises.
- Set and track all key growth and engagement metrics across all major social channels to establish CPA, audience quality and consistency.
- Work closely with editorial, production, sales, product and engineering departments to synthesize core ideas that foster mass engagement and growth, including leveraging talent, social media takeovers and contests.
- Track growth and engagement of key content initiatives and derive KPI-based learning’s to be presented to company on a weekly basis.
- Be an expert, with constantly evolving and documented tests, in modern methodologies for FB, TW, IG and SC – connecting them to company goals for platform growth, sales fulfillment and revenue generation.
- Manage a team with distinct performance goals and quarterly reviews. Drive and empower staff across department needs.
- Generate a monthly report of key social learning, company metrics and strategic reports to precipitate ongoing changes in social methodologies and results.
- Generate and maintain a list of key competitive stats and intel on market competition and opportunities in current/emerging markets.
- Deliver monthly stakeholders report of social media publishing and growth best practices as it relates to strategy, branding, partnerships and talent relationships relevant to all aspects of the social publishing lifecycle.
- Execute against a timely, process-driven organization with best of breed metrics tools and documents.
- Bring a positive leadership bearing to the office, looking for common solutions and solving problems as opportunities for growth.
- Develop and drive continued business value linked to overall business goals of growth, revenue and marketplace awareness.
- Set and sequence critical goals and prioritize against business needs with consistency and efficiency.
- Assimilate deliverables across editorial, marketing and production teams with a unifying attitude.
- Execute company vision in a pro-active manner that inspires co-workers to greater achievements.
- 6+ years of social media management experience and running a team.
- History of driving social publishing and deliverables while tracking to key metrics
- Experience working with a company that’s primary products are media and content focused.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong knowledge of all social aspects including content creation, analytics, paid media and influencers
- Ability to articulate social solutions in a clear and compelling way to internal and external audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills as both a team leader and player with experience managing team members
- Highly collaborative individual who can interface heavily with cross-functional teams and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to mine data and uncover valuable insights for client recommendations; use of analytic tools for KPI reporting
- Familiarity with disciplines including branding, marketing, content development and design
- Exceptional writing and communication
- Self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented and collaborative
- Ability to follow through with multifaceted deliverables on projects which vary across industry and audience type
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience in either GA, Sharablee or Rival IQ.
- Focus on being a creative, empathetic + enthusiastic team leader
- Passion for teen/female centric content a plus
Sweetyhigh.com is a market leading, vertically integrated media company focused on the Gateway Girls (10-16). As both a studio and platform, we are a highly creative, editorialized business that serves a critical niche. We regularly work with the best studios, labels, artists and brands as the company is currently enjoying a large amount of attention both commercially and culturally.
We’re a mature start-up located in Marina Del Rey focused on growing an exciting platform. Our creative atmosphere is filled with fun and passionate people who love what they do. We think outside the box and our mission - to create something amazing for girls - is paramount.
We offer competitive salaries and generous stock option packages for team members. We’re located in the heart of Silicon Beach and enjoy providing fun perks like catered lunches at the office.