Khan Academy is an education nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of students every month and we’re growing rapidly.
We’re looking for a talented photographer/editor to create polished video projects, including interviews, events, instructional screen captures, promotional shoots, instructional content, and other needs that may arise. Our ideal candidate finds creative solutions to new challenges and is eager to learn new skills when needed.
We’re a small, nimble company. You’ll end up working with every team at KA in some way or another as you wield your camera and editing skills to tell our story to the world.
You will have the opportunity to be mentored by our resident video wizard with the expectation that you will eventually take over his responsibilities.
- Plan, shoot and edit live-action videos, including:
- Announcements of exciting new projects
- Facebook Livestreams
- Live events
- VIP interviews
- Interviews with staff and users
- Videos explaining core academic concepts
- Product explainer videos
- Promotional videos for various programs
- Create animations and screen capture videos
- Collaborate with team members to delivery polished videos
- Manage and prioritize a pipeline of video and multimedia projects
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- Mastery of the principles of lighting and composition
- Experience crafting beautiful images with simple tools
- A good understanding of the technical side of videography
- Extensive experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid
- Experience shooting interviews
- Experience shooting live events
- A love of learning and a readiness to teach yourself new skills as needed
- A willingness to jump in and take on new challenges
- A creative, entrepreneurial attitude
- To be able to work full-time at our offices in Mountain View, CA
We’ll be extra happy if you have some of these non-required skills:
- After Effects (or other animation experience)
- Still photography (shooting and editing)
- Color correction
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the application below, including links to your work.
- If you have examples of sit-down interviews and live events, we'd particularly love to see those.
- Please help us understand what you've edited and what you've shot. If you worked with a crew on any video you submit, please note your role and the size of the crew.
- Please include links, either to a video sharing site (Youtube, Vimeo, etc) or to a file sharing site (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal or professional - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to bring our stories to the world.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.