About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in women’s everyday lives and empowering women to feel like their best selves everyday. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $190M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on Earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 6MM-strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the purchase order creation; order tracking and order management. Candidate will facilitate the procurement process, planning and month end reconciliations. If you are a team-oriented thinker with enthusiasm for continuous learning this is the opportunity for you.
- Develop and coordinate new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes including purchasing, storage and management of inventory
- Conducts analysis of program, formulates guidelines, implement new developments and procedures, and provide policy interpretation for finance/accounting to purchasing customers within corporate guidelines
- Ensures materials are available to meet operational demand and future forecasts and expedite purchased item shipments as required to meet operational needs
- Coordinate daily duties of procurement process and serve as the organization representative for the procurement process
- Assist in developing training material, preparing lesson plans, and overseeing procurement training
- Maintains accurate records for all purchasing activities and status reports and present to Operations, Finance and Executive staff
- Process account applications, maintain accounts database and work closely with accounting to resolve any vendor issues
- Maintain relationship with vendors and negotiates favorable prices and terms with suppliers
- Continually search for cost savings opportunities with current suppliers or new suppliers
- Work with management and company peers in the development of new products if needed
- Participate in developing requirements and be involved in the automation/test of procurement and logistics software
- Associates and or Bachelor’s degree with at least 1-2 years of the following fields: accounting, business finance, procurement/purchasing experience in a mid-sized organization
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Handles situations with respect, dignity, and professionalism
- Flexible approach to working time to meet deadlines/peak workload
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with all employees, build cross functional relationships and be a "Team Player"
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present information in a cohesive and respectful manner
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to expedite quality work
- Ability to maintain composure while under pressure
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making