ABOUT THE ROLE
The candidate for the position of Culinary Assurance Manager will lead a team that insures product is manufactured to specification throughout the production process for a ready to eat fresh food manufacturer. Additional responsibilities include training production employees in processing new items, leading production trials and trouble-shooting product issues. Working in tandem with operations, quality assurance and the R&D team for continuous quality improvement.
- Create processes and documents for Culinary Assurance Activities
- Plan component and finished product evaluations schedules to ensure compliance of full menu bi-weekly
- Identify process improvement opportunities via product evaluation reports, customer feedback, reviewing food related customer complaints and direct observation.
- Observe production processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Make recommendations to R&D Lead new menu item production trials with production employees with CA team via R&D
- Organize with R&D, Purchasing, Ops and warehouse all facets of new product introductions including procedures, equipment and methods.
- Liaise with R&D team during product development
- Conduct weekly meeting with R&D manager to discuss findings and solutions
- Conduct weekly meeting with operations to discuss findings and solutions
- Oversee follow up yield tests after production runs as required
- Conduct capacity studies on equipment and work centers
- Manage recipe calculator procedural changes, amendments and updates
- Culinary Arts Degree with 5+ years related food service, manufacturing and/or volume cooking experience
- Quality Assurance Experience a plus
- USDA/FDA experience preferred
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment - skilled at managing, planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.·
- You are optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges
- Strong organization, time management and leadership skills
- Work as a team leader
- Ability to communicate clearly to instruct others in standard operating procedures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient computer skills requires
- Effective writing skills
- Mentor team members
At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. Our chefs make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
Forbes - Food Still Hot: Why Investors Bet $21 Million On Freshly's Three-Minute MealsInc - This Startup Just Proved the Meal Delivery Business Hasn't Spoiled YetFreshly Featured on CNBC's Squawk Box- "Hot Startups to look for in 2016"
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Freshly.