Postmates is looking for a Project Manager who will help lead strategic projects and build the company from the inside out by focusing on our Product and Design Team. We are looking for someone to take strategy one step further: you will persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior leaders, roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and check back-in to see the impact of your recommendations.
You must be highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail. You should have strong collaborative skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are paramount - this role requires getting insights directly from you and working closely with the team to navigate regulatory complexity.
- Responsible for managing the day to day workflow through the shop and ensuring that projects continue to move along smoothly.
- Outline product requirements and clearly organize tasks using project management tools
- Identify areas that need to be monitored or analyzed on a consistent basis
- Anticipate and prepare for potential issues and recommend resolutions
- Review and update current documentation for all processes
- Participate in periodic internal auditing of key responsibilities
- Generating Statements of Work
- Creating Project Plans
- Lead projects from discovery and design through to completion - develop the project plan, lead all the meetings, and drive to results
- Communicate findings and recommendations on critical initiatives, and influence business owners to take action on those findings
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our people programs as efficient and effective as possible
- 5+ years of consulting / operations / analytical or related experience; high-growth environments or experience with technology implementations a plus
- 3+ years of project management experience or equivalent
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Able to work autonomously from established goals and strategic direction.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, conflicts, and ambiguity.
- Proven track record of leadership in a highly dynamic environment.
- Self-starter. Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills, solid judgment, and be detail-oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (of course) and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Whatever computer, monitor, standing desk, keyboard mouse you need
- Tasty, healthy lunches (provided by Methodology, http://www.gomethodology.com
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Contribute to open source projects (full support to release and contribute to projects)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Postmates.