Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy. More than 3,000 businesses trust Checkr for their background screenings including Uber, Instacart, Handy, Zenefits, GrubHub, Caviar, and more. Checkr is featured on Forbes 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' list (http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2016/10/19/next-billion-dollar-startups-2016/#e00f7cb554e1). A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people.
Checkr is seeking to hire a Product Design Lead. As the first designer at Checkr, you will help establish the design culture at a fast growing startup, work on features from conception to release, and empathize with the people who use your product. Relevant experiences in UX and user research are critical to this role.
- Translate product requirements into interaction flows and wireframes
- Work with Product Management & Engineering to validate your ideas are feasible and will solve real world problems
- Build high fidelity mockups in the application of your choice
- Present and defend your designs to stakeholders
- Raise the creative bar while staying focused on usability
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in product / UX design
- Proficient at storyboarding, building flows, and producing wireframes
- An instinct for layout, navigation, typography, color, and iconography
- Strong sketching skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A portfolio featuring visual and interaction design samples
- Experience producing assets for Engineers
- User research skills: Experience with surveys, interactive prototypes, usability studies, and customer visits.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- 2+ years experience leading / mentoring designers
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Diversity at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talent from diverse groups and fostering a culture that honors gender and ethnicity in tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.