The Sales Compensation Analyst is responsible for calculating and processing accurate and timely commissions for Avvo’s inside sales Acquisition and Account Management organization. Other key responsibilities include plan design, goal setting, development of policies and processes, and creation of documentation and communication collateral. In addition, this role will evaluate the effectiveness of plan designs via standard and ad-hoc commission analysis and feedback from the field.
This role will report directly into the Director of Sales Strategy and Enablement and work closely with senior-level stakeholders. Due to the cross-functional nature of sales commission, you will be required to collaborate with all levels and departments of the organization including Sales, Finance, HR, and Business Analytics as well as the Senior Leadership Team.
What you will do in this role:
- Develop commission plan recommendations for review with senior sales leadership and other functional stakeholders
- Develop financial models to determine the impact of what if scenarios to inform decision-making
- Ensure the approval of monthly and quarterly commission plans
- Create all commission communication collateral, including but not limited to official plan documentation, commission calculation tools, and sales reporting dashboards in Salesforce.com
- Work with field to ensure the understanding of sales commission plan changes, including running satisfaction surveys, focus groups, and 1x1 sessions
- Analyze, audit, and prepare sales crediting reports for commission calculations
- Calculate and communicate monthly and quarterly commissions
- Provide sales with accurate commission statements and reporting throughout the month
- Act as the primary contact for employees to resolve commission related issues, including problem assessment, research, adjustments, and communication of outcome
- Ensure commission cycles are in compliance with payroll schedules, plan documents, company policies and procedures, and state labor laws
- Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities in the commission program management
- Assess the effectiveness of sales commission program on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
What we would like to see in your experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, accounting, or related field required
- 4+ years in sales compensation, accounting or finance with a focus on sales commission pay and processes
- Strong analytical skills and experience calculating commissions in Excel
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) preferred
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties. Accuracy and timeliness is essential to this position
- Service orientation with sense of urgency
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and set priorities to meet stressful deadlines while keeping goals, objectives, priorities, and timelines in perspective
In addition to our awesome culture, we offer an AMAZING benefit package (we pay 100% of our employee premium costs and 50% of their dependents - plus 100% of your medical deductible), free legal advice, an ORCA card, up to three weeks of vacation your first year - and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.