Sony is one of the most recognized and respected brand names in the world. Sony is the leading manufacturer of premier, state-of-the-art audio, video, communications and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its creative, music, motion picture, television, computer, entertainment and online businesses, make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies for the broadband era.
SNEI, a division of Sony Corporation of America, a leading entertainment company of audio, video, communications and information technology products, for consumer and professional markets, has the following opening available:
The candidate will provide support to staff on all company supported hardware and software applications.
- Provide Global day-to-day support and customer service,
- Primary technical contact for all support IT issues
- Resolve technical failures in a timely manner, track issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
- Troubleshoot and solve common IT issues (password resets, computer hardware failures, access requests) and advanced IT issues.
- Setup computers and phones for new hires
- Support/Administer Active Directory, Exchange mail accounts, SharePoint, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, Anti virus and malware detection, data backups, etc.
- Deploy corporate images
- Work on projects as needed
- Bring ideas for improvement forward
- Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support
- Documentation as needed
- Physical movement of IT or other office gear as needed
- On-call and available 24x7 to expertly support our global staff
- May require travel to other company offices
- 2-5 years of desktop support and/or network administration
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment
- Strong Windows 7 experience
- Strong Mac OSX support experience
- VOIP phone support experience preferred
- Desire to multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and software products
- Hands-on experience with Apple OSX desktop operating systems and software products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and operating system imaging software
- Must have extensive knowledge of computer hardware (i.e. built a PC at home or business)
- Experience with a corporate IT ticket system
- Experience with asset and software tracking preferred
- Extensive SharePoint and Microsoft SCCM experience
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- A+, Microsoft or other certifications preferred but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, obligation to serve in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, disabled veteran status, Vietnam, era status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.