DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to grow and manage the merchant side of the business in the Southeast region.
Strategy & Operations Managers are the heart and soul of DoorDash. As the leaders of our core business, Strategy & Operations Managers are a critical piece of DoorDash’s growth and success in every market in which we operate. Finding the right people for this role is not easy. In a typical day, Strategy & Ops Managers should be able to navigate complex negotiations, close deals with our top merchants, and work side-by-side with our Engineering team to build new product features. They blend creativity and analytics to devise and test experiments that optimize our systems and make DoorDash 1% better each day.
Our best Strategy & Ops Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical,data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make their region successful. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning the merchant” across Florida and the broader Southeast market
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to temperature control. These experiments strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things
- Business Development – Generate new business opportunities by developing relationships and closing deals with our top merchants
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve the market goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.