Help us continue to build large, resilient systems.
CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform and services company based in NYC. We are seeking an experienced, AWS-focused DevOps Engineer to join our team and support further growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves building large, resilient systems and enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment. Because of our size and current rate of growth, successful candidates will have substantial opportunity ability to shape our system and our operations. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
- Building and deploying our software in a continuous integration environment
- Supporting and monitoring our production application and infrastructure
- Architecting a highly-available system scaling across multiple regions and availability zones
- Collaborating with our development leads to isolate application and deployment concerns
- Providing tools and an environment to support efficient software development
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 5+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python). Programming background strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, NAT, firewalls) and related architecture and design concepts
- Working knowledge of basic network security and principles
- Experience building or maintaining CI/CD software systems using Jenkins.
- Experience with application load-balancing, horizontal scaling and HA
- General knowledge of open-source software stacks
- Experience with container technology (Docker highly preferred)
- Experience with microservice architecture is a big plus
- Experience with the Hashicorp software suite (Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Nomad) also a plus
- College degree required, CS degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Other jobs at CB Insights
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at CB Insights.