Ionic Security enables the use of cloud services by protecting sensitive data anywhere it travels and wherever it resides, whether on the corporate network, in the cloud or on mobile devices. The first unified data security platform of its kind, Ionic Security takes a comprehensive approach to securing data in today’s borderless enterprise by providing access control, intellectual property monitoring, data encryption and policy management, without needing to use proxies or gateways or changes in user behavior.
Ionic Security is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and is backed by leading venture firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, TechOperators and ff VC as well as industry experts Christopher Klaus, Ken Levine, Phil Dunkelberger and Dr. Paul Judge.
Applied Reserch Engineer Responsibilities:
- Research SDKs and APIs for interacting with a wide range of applications. Develop proof-of-concept integrations.
- Act as an expert about the OS and software on a platform of interest.
- Automate analysis of applications to identify user input/output and high business risk features, across multiple platforms.
- Design and implement capabilities to store key information about applications.
- Working with Application Analysts to guide their manual analysis as needed, and identify parts of their workflow that can be automated.
- Working with Ionic's Engineering Team to inform any custom development that is required to support applications.
- 4+ years experience as a developer/software engineer.
- Expertise with programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Python, and assembly are pluses).
- Understanding of browser architectures. Experience writing browser plugins is a plus.
- Experience or the desire to learn automation techniques is a must.
- Understanding of database technologies and web applications.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
- Quick learner and creative problem solver who can work independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong analysis and communication skills; resourceful in issue resolution.
- BA or higher in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Competitive Salary and Options
- Flexible work hours, ability to work from home sometimes
- Flexible vacation time
- Great development environments
- Attend conferences (DefCon, ShmooCon, and others)
- Company sponsored social outings and events
- Outstanding team
- Choose a Mac or Windows laptop to work on
- Health insurance and 401K plan
Other jobs at Ionic Security