Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Guest Relations and Events Coordinator Role:
We are looking for a Guest Relations and Events Coordinator who will be a positive self-starter and has excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills, with an interest in the technology/software industry. The events coordinator will manage both internal and external events and will be the frontline officer to all visitors, clients and staff at Andela. The role will involve providing Andela high profile clients with superior customer service thereby creating a memorable and genuine experience while also promoting the company.
- Coordinate, supervise and manage activities associated with high-profile guest visits to Lagos Office and actively build awareness of the Andela brand
- Coordinate logistics for Andela Events and provide on site support when needed
- Liaise with Partners as required
- Manage special event planning and coordination, menu planning, and overall budgeting for events
- Manage Lagos Visitors (Non-Andela) and Events Calendar
- Engage with and inform all internal stakeholders involved in events and visits as required to ensure that all events and visits meets Andela's quality standards
- Ensure that Andela's brand is well represented in all communications regarding events and visits.
- Interact with employees/guests/clients and ensure they feel welcome upon their arrival at Andela
- Coordinate and supervise activities for employees/guests/clients and be able to attend to queries, needs and requests
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery to guests/clients
- Handling guest/client mails and messages, and answering telephone calls
- Communicate quarterly schedule of guests/client visits and events to employees of Andela
- Liaise with Media and Design team in creating communication pieces to announce high profile guest/client visits to Andela
- Schedule meetings and update google calendar with events taking place at Andela
- Ensure the Andela safety, security and loss control policies and procedures are complied with at all times
- Be aware of Andela’s fire and emergency procedure
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or Business related fields
- Must have good knowledge of MS Excel, Google Apps , Dropbox and other Office tools Skills
- Have prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization
- Are outgoing and have a cheerful personality
- Have a service oriented mindset and drive
- Have excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Must be familiar with industry’s latest trends
- Have sound decision making skills
- Have proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset
- Have excellent telephone manners
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.